Sunday, July 5, 2009

Brittany Holiday Cottage with Pool and Gym

After a cloudy start today the sun made an appearance around noon at the Brittany holiday cottage and it turned into a gorgeous afternoon.

The chickens are doing really well, laying 4 eggs per day, they really enjoy the excess produce a friend is bringing around from her vegetable patch. When I was back in the UK I asked about the colour of the yokes as mine were a very pale yellow and was told to feed the chickens more greens. Since then the yokes have turned a nice orange and its fun to watch them devour a large lettuce, cucumber or some tomatoes.

Once the mature apple tree in the garden has ripe apples I'll feed those to the birds as well, I find them to sharpe for my liking.

In hindsight getting the chickens was such a good idea, all the guest staying at the holiday cottage enjoy watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment