Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Our Brittany holiday cottage with private heated swimming pool and gym near Baud

Today at our Brittany holiday cottage with private heated swimming pool and gym
near Baud is legs day! - of the 4 workouts that I do this is what most shy away from but for me has always been a firm favorite.

Who wants to look like this on the beach!
Many a time I've watch a body building show to see guys with great upper bodies but lacking any notable leg development and its not a good look.

From the age of 14 I've always hit legs hard. My typical leg workout in my twenties was:

8 - 10 sets of squats : starting of light and increasing weight with every set making my last the heaviest. Using a simple rule of thumb if I can get 6 reps I need to get heavier but if I can not get 3 reps then its too heavy - when I trained I would always try to get 10 reps but would stop at 10 saying to myself a simple mantra 'save some for the next '

I would then do 6 -8 sets of leg extensions followed by 6 sets of leg curls and 4 sets of calf raises.

If I was competing then I would ad front squats, lunges and hack squats to ad some variety including strip sets and mixing the order of my 3 primary exercises.

Within the gym at the holiday cottage we have a squat rack plus a machine that allows leg extension and leg curl. Next year I'm hoping to ad a sissy squat to the gym.

The gym is available for guest staying in La Forge and La veille Maison to have a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment