Sunday, December 26, 2010

Brittany holiday cottage with private pool

As it was boxing day at the Brittany holiday cottage with private pool today it was time to cook the turkey.

Last year at the holiday cottage I ate one of the chickens I had, but cooked it the same as shop bought only to find because it was not full of water and was very lean I over cooked it. With that in mind I slow cooked the Turkey at just 200 degrees for 3 hours, basting every 30 min, it was covered in bacon and for the first 2 hours was also covered with foil.

The bird was smaller than i hoped once all the feathers were taken off and weighed only 6 lbs, it was cooked to perfection and tasted wonderful,very different from any I have bought in the shops before. It looked and tasted very much like a game bird.

Next Christmas I am offering a complimentary Turkey for anyone booking the Brittany holiday cottage with pool over the Christmas week period.

No comments:

Post a Comment