Saturday, December 18, 2010

Brittany holiday cottage with private pool

Well I managed to get up at 7 am this morning at the Brittany holiday cottage with private pool with the determination to get down to Etel for a look at whats taking the bait.

With 8 layers on my upper body and 4 on my legs I felt confident I would be really snug no matter how cold it got down on the coast. I drove to Vannes first and popped into Decathalon with the aim of getting some rag worm, what a waisted trip that was, just 1 box of large worms left and when opened it looked like the dead had been removed and what was left was half a dozen worms at the outrageous cost of 5.50 euros. You would think if they had removed the dead and were aware it was short the price would have been reduced, but no, so I left without the worms with just the mackerel for bait.

I arrived at Etel at 10.30 and was pleased to see no one else was fishing and the sea wall had been reinforced creating a shelter out of the wind for me, high tide was at 3pm and the coefficient was 57.

I fished one rod out in the main channel about 100 meters out and fished the other only 20-30 meters out.

The sea was rough and the waves high, I had to keep my rods up high to reduce wave motion rather than my preferred set up of having my rods low and parallel with the shore.

I guess it does not matter how many layers you have on if you get wet, you just cant keep the cold out and with heavy rain all morning I was drenched and cold for most of the trip and by high tide and no bites I packed up. If only I had some worms....that's what I kept telling myself.

Etel is just a 30 min drive from the Brittany holiday cottage with private pool and is just one of many great looking fishing locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment