Thursday, December 5, 2013

Brittany holiday cottage with heated swimming pool

At the Brittany holiday cottage with heated swimming pool we have kept chickens for the last 4 years and its been a great favorite for the children staying at either La Forge or La Veille Maison holiday cottage.

Chickens are very easy to keep, I probably spend about 5 minutes per day and that's it. My daily routine is to give them more food, check they have water, collect the eggs and clean out any droppings within the coup.

As the chicken run is very secure I don't close the door of the coup each night, that way I don't have to get up early in the morning to let the birds out which reduces the effort required to keep them.

When I first got them I did lock them up at night but found it hard to wake up early just to let them out so I stopped doing that and have had no losses.

We now just have 3 chickens in residence compared to last year when we had 4 chickens and 2 very large turkeys and now notice a dramatic reduction in running cost with chicken feed.

With 3 eggs per day its more than enough for us when guest are not in residence and plenty for children to collect during their holidays at the Brittany holiday gites La Forge and La Veille Maison.

No comments:

Post a Comment