Friday, June 18, 2010

Brittany holiday cottage with heated pool

Last Sunday morning my daughter and I got ready to depart the Brittany holiday cottage with private pool and one of my jobs was to make sure the birds were all ok for food and water.

The new guest staying at the holiday cottage had agreed to provide fresh water for them for the 4 days I was away and I filled the food dispenser up which holds enough food for 6 days.

That morning I found the new duckling that we had bought the week before had died, I found it in the sunken plastic file box that's used for a dip by the ducks. Unfortunately the larger duck goes in, has a good old splash around and departs leaving a drop of around 1o cms from the top of the box to the water level.

My daughter later told me that she had seen the baby duckling in the file box the day before but had thought nothing of it, she did not realize that she was stuck and so had remained in the water all night.

It was really sad to find the duckling on Sunday but a valuable lesson was learnt, to check the birds every night and perhaps put a lid on the water box at night.

The box does have its plus sides in that the ducks make the water so dirty that its easy just to empty the box every 3 days and refill.

The young boy staying at La Forge this week has said his favorite bird is the duck so I'll pop down to the local market in Baud tomorrow to buy a replacement.

The market town of Baud has a small market every Saturday and is just 3 miles from the Brittany holiday cottage with heated pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment