Friday, January 1, 2016

Weight training at the gym / fitness center located at our Brittany holiday cottage near Baud

Today I was back in the  gym / fitness center located at our Brittany holiday cottage near Baud for a dead lifting session.

Started of with just 60 kg for 10 reps to warm up and increased by 20 kg for each set until my 5th set at 140 kg I did 6 reps and finished with a final set of 4 reps on 150 kg. Today I struggled with my grip, although tempted to use straps I think for my forearm development I'll not use them and if I am limited to the weight I'm lifting because of my grip strength it will prevent me going to heavy and risk injury to my back.

That;s the problem when getting older you need to always think about preventing injuries - the key for me to compete again is to remain injury free for consistent training.

The gym is available for guest staying in either of our cottages / gites, La Forge and La Veille Maison

No comments:

Post a Comment