Sunday, November 22, 2015

Weight training at the gym located at the Brittany holiday cottage near Baud

Yesterday I was back weight training at the gym located at the Brittany holiday cottage near Baud for a quick dead lift session.

In previous workouts I've been working on increasing my reps on 140 kg with now managing 8 reps - yesterday I decided to try something new with just a 5 rep count on all weights to conserve energy for a bigger weight. It was all going very well up to the 140 kg with a very easy 5 reps, I then increased to 160 kg and could not even lift it off the ground - feeling very disappointed!

I think what I should have done in hindsight was to increase just by 5 kg each set after the 140 kg rather than a 20 kg increase in one hit.

Still there is always next workout at the gym.

The gym / fitness center is located at our Brittany holiday cottage near Baud in the Morbihan region of southern Brittany.

The gym / fitness center / health club located at our Brittany holiday cottage near Baud


One thing I noticed after living in France for 10 years is how hard it is to find a good health club so having a gym / fitness center on site is a big bonus for our guest enjoying a holiday in France and still wishing to train.

No comments:

Post a Comment