Thursday, November 19, 2015

The fitness center / free weights gym at our Brittany holiday cottage near Baud

Yesterday at our fitness center / free weights gym located at our Brittany holiday cottage near Baud was a rest day - when I say rest day that's a rest from lifting weights but not exercise.

So with the 20 kg weighted vest on I did 4 times up the local hill - jogging up twice and doing lunges for the other two accents.

The 20 kg weighted vest used for my cardio sessions


At each summit I was absolutely knackered and needed the downward walk to recover my breathing and allow my legs to recover.

From the look of the hill it does not look that bad but when your walking it you realize how steep it is, especially wearing the weighted vest. I guess the hill is around 250 meters long.

I've only been hitting the diet and cardio for the last 6 weeks and I've only lost a couple of lbs but I am so much leaner and stronger. I guess its the old adage its not what you weigh that counts but how you look and fit in your clothes.

I'm back in the gym today at the Brittany holiday cottage for a chest, shoulder and tricep workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment