Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Brittany Holiday Cottage with Pool and Gym

Its been absolutely fantastic weather here at the Brittany Holiday Cottage over the last 10 days, the guest have been using the pool all the time and have had some wonderful days out. They enjoyed the markets at Auray and Vannes.

I'm going back to England tomorrow for my sisters wedding, flying from Brest too Luton airport and the guest are looking forward to looking after the chickens.

I was on on my bike Saturday and was surprised to see a French woman washing her laundry in a specially built pool beside the road. Flagstones were laid on the bottom of the pool to create a stone floor and the pool was just 1ft deep and around 10ft square. The water was crystal clear and washing rocks were on the side of the pool, I felt I had fallen through a time tunnel going back to medieval times. When I asked a friend who lived just down the road from the pool he said that all the locals use it, as everyone is on a water meter they did not want to be charged for washing clothes.

He then went on to say that in the winter he has seen retired women carrying carpets along the road in the winter months after washing them in the pool.

Next time I drive by I'll take a picture and add the photo on here.

Ive been here in Brittany running the holiday cottage now for 3 years and I'm still surprised at what I see some times and it really brings home my love of the French way of life , with the biggest thing being, there is defiantly none of this ' keeping up with the Joneses' as in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment