Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Weight training at the gym / fitness center located at our Brittany holiday cottage near Baud

Today was a rest day for weight training at the gym / fitness center located at our Brittany holiday cottage near Baud.

Just as important as hitting the weights is having a rest day to allow your body to heal the muscle cells that were damaged during the intense workouts - during the rest days is actually when your body grows.

I now only train each individual muscle group once every 5 -7 day depending on how my body feels - when I was in my teens I used to do 3 hour full body workouts 3 times per week and did not realize at the time I was over training and finding it very hard to make gains.

At the age of 19 I was an extremely lean 11 stone but then I started working and my training changed to doing split workouts - increased my protein consumption, eating 8 times per day ( 8 x 30 grams = 240 grams of protein per day)  and after 4 years came in at a lean 15 stone.

To gain 4 stone in lean muscle over 4 years as a natural ( steroid free) was quite an achievement and just goes to show that development comes from 3 elements: training, nutrition and rest.



Back in the gym tomorrow  at our Brittany holiday cottage for back and biceps.

No comments:

Post a Comment