Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Weight training at the gym / fitness center located at our Brittany holiday cottage near Baud

Had a great weight training session at the gym / fitness center located at our Brittany holiday cottage near Baud today - training chest and triceps.

Kept it very basis just doing 8 sets of incline bench press up to 80kg and on the last set I failed getting the 7th rep and had to roll the bar from my chest on to my stomach in order to sit up of the bench to rescue myself. It's not a thing I would recommend any one to do and it's something I always try to avoid, but trying to push myself its inevitable that its going to happen at some point.

After the fail I stopped doing chest and moved on to tricep push downs, starting with a 30 rep set on 20 kgs, increasing each set by 5 kgs to finish on the last set at 45kg for 6 reps.

The good old days


All in all just a 30 minute workout.

It's great when you have a gym onsite at our Brittany holiday cottage because your able to do the quick workouts - when you have to travel to a gym you feel compelled to train for longer to justify the 40 minute round trip in the car as was the case when I trained in Pontivey.




No comments:

Post a Comment