Monday, October 4, 2010

Brittany holiday cottage with private pool

Just 40 min away from the Brittany holiday cottage with private pool is my favorite fishing venue at the 'Bar de Etel'. It was a bright sunny day and high tide was at 3pm so I decided to have a crack at the Bass, catching 4 in total of which one was a keeper.

I arrived a little later than I would have liked at 12 pm and started fishing with 2 rods using 3 rag worms crammed on an Aberdeen no 1 long shank hook. I cast one rod out into the current at the mouth of the estuary while the other was cast straight out at around 100-110 meters to be in the main current.

I caught 3 small Bass which to be honest the bites were hard to see with the strong tidal run and with weed on the line was not noticed until they broke the water. Then around 10/15 min before high tide I received my best bite, nice and direct and struck into a noticeable fish, what a difference and joy it is to actually feel a fish kick and after a few minutes I landed a 1 1/2 Bass.

After high tide the actioned stopped and with just one box of worms left I went down to 1 rod and cast out as far as I could and let the tide take out all my line on the reel, I thought I had 2 bites with each try but what seemed ages to retrieve all the line in all I caught was a great deal of weed.

I do have a spare beach caster available for guest staying at the Brittany holiday cottage with private pool if they wish to have a fish for supper.

The larger Bass run between October through too January.

No comments:

Post a Comment