Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Brittany Holiday Cottage with Pool

I rewrote my goals after a car accident reassessing my direction in life knowing that you never know when your number is up and decided to sell up and start a new life in France.

In 2005 I came over on a weeks house hunting mission after spending weeks searching Internet property websites and viewed 6 properties within 5 different regions of France. 5 of the properties had lakes within the grounds as the initial idea was to run a holiday cottage in France and offer on site fishing for guest, but either the lakes were to small, the houses in need of total renovation or the lake to far away from the property.

Its amazing how much is missed off the details on properties, when you have driven over 1500 miles in a week and spent £1600 plus it makes the property search process very frustrating and costly.

I have always been very lucky in the past with buying my homes and on the second day of my property search viewed La Forge - La Vielle Maison in southern Brittany and fell in love with the properties on sight. I have always been attracted to older styled properties, my last house in Cambridgeshire being over 400 years old and this pair of French cottages just oozed character and charm. Basically both were being run as holiday cottages and because it was an up and running business both were totally renovated and it was a 'turn key operation'.

Its always been said that you know as soon as you walk through the door when you find your ideal property and it felt like home as soon as I walked in.

I went on to see the additional properties that were booked for that week and just kept coming back to La Forge - La Vielle Maison and at the end of the week went back to the owners and placed an offer which was accepted.

The previous owners had 2 pairs of holiday cottages that were being let and sold and of the 4 cottages La Forge was the most popular property being let, so I decided to live in la Vielle maison and run La Forge as a Brittany holiday Cottage. I kept the rental prices the same as the previous owners but now offer the propety with a private swimming pool rather than shared giving holiday makers greater value of money.

In March of 2006 I started my new life in France and now love and enjoy a whole new way of living..

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete