Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Brittany holiday cottage near Baud with heated pool and gym

After almost a week off from training  yesterday at the Brittany holiday cottage near Baud with heated pool and gym I was back doing my chest.

I had had this time off after being stung repeatedly on my right hand while cutting a shrub in the garden. Its only the second attack I've encounted in 10 years while owning the holiday cottages and its always the same - a solitary black wasp living in the ground or a pot that's disturbed by me while gardening.

As soon as I was stung I put anthisan cream on the puncture site and took a antihistamine tablet but after 48 hours my hand was so swollen that I could not make a fist and the itching was unbearable for 3 or 4 days.

On day 3 I noticed the swelling starting to go down and it was not until day 6 that I felt able enough to get back in to the gym.

This year seems to be one thing after another that prevents me from getting in to the gym on a regular basis.

It was great however to get back in there yesterday and managed 100 kg for 6 reps which is not bad after all the missed sessions over the last 6 months.   My all time personal best being 160 kg for 2 reps.

The gym at our Brittany holiday cottages is available for any guest  wishing to train during there holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment