Thursday, March 12, 2015

Brittany holiday cottage with private pool and gym

Today at the Brittany holiday cottage with private pool and gym I was back in the gym doing dead lifts.

After being diagnosed with tendinitis in my right elbow last week I've been advised to keep away from any thing that aggravates the injury.

I have already missed 3 weeks of training due to the injury and a rotten cold so was eager to get back in to the gym, for a few weeks now I will just train legs and do the dead lifts on another day.

With 36 years of weight training behind me Ive only started dead lifting 2 months ago and really enjoy the exercise. When I started 100 kg was my maximum weight and when i tried lifting 120 kg  I could not even shift it, now with just half a dozen workouts behind me, I get 6 reps out of 120 kg and did 3 reps for 140 kg today.

The good old days - now getting back in shape at the Brittany holiday cottage


I am training without any belts and am very careful to watch my form and not to push myself to far to fast.

There is sufficient weight in the gym at the Brittany holiday cottage to load a barbell up to 200 kg so there is plenty of room for improvement before the need for more weights.

Guest staying in La Forge and La veille maison have use of the gym free of charge during there holiday at either holiday cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment