Friday, June 10, 2011

Brittany holiday cottage with private heated pool

With great weather today at the Brittany holiday cottage with private heated pool I decided to pop down to the coast for a spot of fishing. I decided to give the mark about a mile up stream from the Bar de Etel, as the last time I was there the coefficient was running at 115 with a very high tide and it ended up being unfishable with the tide running so strong, even so 3 fish were caught. ( that particular day this mark was chosen as it looked to dangerous to fish the Bar de Etel).

Today the coefficient was at 62 with a moderate high tide at 1pm. I arrived at 9am and had 2 rods fishing by 9.30, both rods were used on the normal set up of a single hook length of 4 ft tide to a swivel that was connected to the main line with a free running break away ledger of 150 grammes. I expected today to be a very different experience than my first visit to be shocked to see my weights being swept 50 meters upstream within 10 minutes and on every retrieve expected to loose my tackle because it was getting snagged every time and on each retrieve the weight and hook was covered with weed.

By 12pm I had enough and moved around to a sheltered bay and no longer suffered the gear being swept away. I used rag worm and fished until 2pm when I gave up having no bites at all, through out the day.

For guest staying at La Forge or La veille Maison, there is a beach caster and reel available to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment