Friday, April 30, 2010

Fishing via the Brittany holiday cottage with pool

Had my first shore fishing trip last week for 2010 via the Brittany holiday cottage with pool, organised by a Frenchman within the social club that I joined. On the grounds that local knowledge is imperative I signed up for the event.

The location was at a new venue situated the other side of Vannes and it was planned to meet at 10.30 am at the location to dig for bait. I looked up the time tables prior to the event and found that high tide was at 1pm, I questioned the organiser if we would be able to dig for bait so late and he assured me we would. I opted for caution and stopped off at Decathlon to buy some rag worm.....how lucky was I, for when I arrived at the location the tide was in and no opportunity was found to dig for bait.

I started fishing straight away with 2 rods, normal set up with a sliding weight with a 4ft hook length and caught 2 small Bass within the first 90 min, they were the only bites I got.

I found the location very disappointing, there were 5 fishing in the party in total on a small car park beside a ramp into the sea with only 30 meters separating all the angers and boats moored on either side of us which restricted casting.

The French all disappeared before high tide and I was left fishing on my own, feeling frustrated that I came and felt I would have done a lot better at my preferred locations mentioned in earlier post.

Still its all a learning curve and I enjoyed a day out at the coast.

If your looking to fish while staying at La Forge Brittany holiday cottage then I'll be happy to assist and offer advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment