Friday, May 8, 2009

Brittany Holiday Cottage with Pool

Its been one of the hottest weeks so far at the Brittany holiday cottage this year, after a week of sunbathing I decided to build a temporary chicken coup today after I found out that the one I had bought via ebay was going to be delivered late.

My daughter is coming out for her 2 week Holiday next week and I want her to go choose the chickens at the local market. With that in mind I had a spare compost bin, so after fixing some perches inside and giving it a thorough clean it will make a perfect chicken coup for 3 or 4 weeks until the bought one arrives.

As I'm looking to buy 6 month old chickens I've bought a plastic bowl that can act as a nest box within the coup.

I went around various garden centers this week looking at the cost of feeders and drinkers only to discover they are so much cheaper in the UK, so while picking my daughter up I'll buy those while back in the UK. I have also made a note of the price of complete chicken feed, at 13 euros for a 25kg bag and will compare that with the UK prices. I have a feeling i'll be bringing alot back from the UK again.

No comments:

Post a Comment