Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Brittany Holiday Cottage with Pool and Gym

When I bought the property I was considering creating an additional holiday cottage at the end of the property but after some scary quotes decided that La forge as a Brittany holiday cottage with private pool would also benefit from offering a gym for the guest.

In January 2008 the gym was created and I shipped over all the equipment over the course of several trips back and forth from the UK. I bought the items via ebay but as the company would not ship then too France, it was down to me.

Whats in the gym:

Flat bench press that can also be adjusted for incline and decline bench press.
Preacher curl bench with Bar
Squat rack
Lat pull down machine with 100kg stack, plus a range of bars ranging from a 60in Bar down too 36in Bar plus rope for doing tricep cable pull downs.
Adjustable sit up bench
Multi purpose bench that can be adjusted for flat, incline and decline work
A Swiss Ball great for doing sit ups
An exercise matt
Extensive range of weights and dumbbells ranging from 2 kilo's up to 30 kilo's
Electronic Stationary Bike with heart monitor


I'm in the process of getting ready to compete in the NPA Mike Williams classic in October and the gym allows me to have a full workout so I'm confident that it can cater for every ones requirements. Not so much now but in my twenties I could not go on holiday unless I had found a gym where we were staying, I could not be away from training for over a week, with that in mind I created the gym at the holiday cottage I'm sure I'm not the only one addicted to working out.

My aim is to buy additional equipment each year, the next items on the shopping list would be a leg curl and a leg extension machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment